Sunday, March 8, 2015

A word so sweet


How many ways can you use the word "sugar" in a sentence?

First think of the meaning: other than a white sweetening substance, what else can the word refer to?

Here are some hints: 
  • An affectionate name for a loved one 
  • Caress or tenderness 
  • A susbstance to give you a boost of energy 
  • Sexual relations negotiated between "provider" and "client"
Use the word "sugar" in the sentences below and see if they make sense:
  1. Hey ..........., how have you been? Missed me?
  2. Who's my baby? Who's my sweeetheart? Come here and give me some ............
  3. I'm feeling a little weak. My energy is on a low - I think I need some ........... before I faint.
  4. It's not easy being a sex professional and having to work for a .............daddy.
What other words could you use instead of Sugar in the examples above?

Now enjoy this song by Maroon 5. What meaning of "sugar" do they use in the clip?




No comments: