Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus is what we can call a real "down-to-earth" person.
In this video (same video - one with English subtitles and the second with Portuguese subtitiles), he talks about he struck a deal with Danone to address the problem of malnutition in Bangladesh.
As you watch, consider the following questions:
From 0:00 - 1:28
- Was the meeting planned?
- Why did he want to make a partnership with Danone?
- Why did he think the idea would work?
From 1:29 - 2:39
- What is a social business?
- Why did he think Danone's chairman misunderstood his English?
- How did he make sure the chairman understood?
From 2:40 - 3:30
- How did his initiative help people who used to be beggars?
From 3:41 - onwards
- What's the difference between charity and a social business?
Are there projects like these in your country? How viable would they be?