People say that what is really important in life is not where we stand but the direction in which we are going.
Here are some other simple truths that we always need to think about. Notice that there are blank spaces in the sentences. The missing words are all forms of the same verb:
- Failures … simply lessons that help you prepare for next time.
- Being successful …. a journey, not a destination.
- To be successful does not mean you have to dominate others; it means you have to dominate your own potential.
- … it better to have a flawed plan than to have no plan at all?
- Your success … just about you, but about your impact on the lives around you.
- Even if you have a boss, you only work for yourself. Ask yourself this question every day: What …. I selling and to whom … I selling it?
- If you ……. happy being single, you will never be living with another person.
- If you make the same mistake twice, then it … a mistake, it … a choice.
- Even if progress … slow, you … still in ahead of all the people who …. trying.
- A good idea without action …. the same as nothing.
- you using your imagination to create useful or useless things?
- There … two types of people in the world: complainers and doers. Which one … you?
- When … the last time you failed at something?
- …. you a happy child?
- … it hard or easy for you to achieve your goals when you … younger? Why/why not?
Some final considerations:
What conclusions can we draw about the verb to be in the sentences and questions above? Does the position of the verb change?
What are the forms in the present and past?
Do we use an auxiliary verb? Why/Why not?