Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The English teacher - native or non- native



There is a little poll going on about how important students think it is to learn English with a teacher who is a native speaker or a non-native teacher.

How's what a dear student had to say on the issue:

I think that it's important coz for me, as student, I can learn beyond the grammar.. I believe that I'll be able to know how to use the slangs and other stuff.. It's a plus for us! But the teacher also need to know how to teach, need to have the skills and love that. 

The question is how relevant such a discussion might be in a global community where 

  • English is more and more international, not particular to a specific variety or standard
  • Non-natives have more and more dealings with other non-natives.

 Join the discussion!

No comments: