Sunday, October 2, 2011

Childhood dreams


When you were a child:

Did you have a secret hiding place?
Did you use to dream a lot about the future?
Did you have a special place you shared with your brothers and sisters?

Give an example of
# a childhood dream.
# a person or place that is your pride and joy.
# a great escape.
# a secret hiding place.

Here are some common motivational expressions people say. Can you give the missing words?

1. Don't look . . . .
2. Keep your . . . . held high
3. Live and . . . .
4. Don't hold . . . . to the past

Now watch the video and read the lyrics (Watch out for the missing words!)

Lyrics | Madonna lyrics - This Used To Be My Playground lyrics

Now TELL US:

ARE THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE FOR FREE?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

7 comments:

Angela said...

When I was five I had an imaginary friend. He was an occasional visitor and I used to talk to him, tell him secrets, play with him and even read stories to him.

It was really cool because my imaginary friend was loyal, sympathetic and very nice to me. We were always in agreement. He loved my stories and drawings and never refused to keep me company.

When I got seven we had to split. I entered the elementary school and it became more and more difficult to contact him.

For a long period I thought it was something strange and that had happened only to me. But later on I discovered that :

“Imaginary friends are a pretty normal part of growing up, especially during the toddler years, and they serve several important functions, an important way to stimulate creativity and imagination”.

Angela said...

Childhood dreams....
It`s inspirational!

Randolph Frederick "Randy" Pauschin while delivering his last lecture said :

"Never lose the childlike wonder. It’s just too important. It’s what drives us".

The advice is:
Pen your childhood dreams down IMMEDIATLY!

Randolph Frederick "Randy" (October 23, 1960 – July 25, 2008) was an American professor of computer science and human-computer interaction and design at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Anonymous said...

I loved Madonna`s song:

"Don't look back
Keep your head held high
Live and learn
Well the years they flew
And we never knew
We were foolish then"

I tottaly agree with her:
Sometimes we waste a lot of time concentrating on foolishness.

Anonymous said...

When I was a child I wanted to be a princess.
Thank God my dream didn`t come true.
Princess`life is so boring!
I prefer mine.

Maria said...

I was the only daughter and most of time I played with my toys and I don't remember if I had dreams. But when I became a teenager I had a lot of dreams.

Anonymous said...

Dreams are the combustible of reality.

Anonymous said...

Know the difference between dreams and reality?
ACTION!!!!