This lesson was prepared by fellow teacher Fabrini Rodrigues:
Sparkling wine - Red and white wine (people toasting) - Whisky - Cider
Liqueur - Vodka - Cachaça - Rum - Gin
Tequila - Absinthe- Sake - Draft beer
Liquor - Liquor store
1. Do you drink / Do you like drinking?
2. How often do you drink? When?
3. Do you ever… / How often do you… drink to excess?
4. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
5. When did you start drinking? Can you remember the first time you got drunk?
6. Why do you drink alcoholic drinks?
7. Have you ever said or done something under the influence of alcohol that you later regretted? Do you have any funny stories?
8. How does alcohol change your behavior, personality and face?
9. When did you last drink the items from the vocabulary list?
10. Have you ever had a terrible hangover? What happened?
11. What is the best cure for a hangover?
12. Have you ever forgotten something you did because you were drunk?
13. Why do you drink alcoholic drinks?
14. Is alcohol a drug?
15. Can bars serve alcohol 24 hours a day in your country?
16. In the USA, you cannot drink alcohol on the street. What are the laws regarding drinking in public in your country?
17. What do you think of very drunk people?
18. What should be the legal age to drink alcohol?
19. Are the drinking and driving laws in your country too strict?
20. Have you ever been fined for DUI (Driving under influence)?
For a download of this activity, click here