Tuesday, December 15, 2009
My top ten words of 2K9
As we are counting down the last days of 2009 or 2K9, some blogs like this one have decided to make a list of the Top Ten Words of the year. Here is my list:
1. Lula - This year consolidated what was already a political phenomenon never before seen in the history of Brazil. Nothing can shake him and his popularity is a case study for many world leaders.
2. Twitter - Definitely made blogging look like a tedious task. Simple but yet so much fun!
3. Obama - The first year is always a trying one - this one was not diferent. But it seems that the right man is in the right place at the right time.
4. H1N1 - After losing its identity (swine flu) the virus seemed to be under control but then scared everyone.
5. King - A word to summarize the muscial and artistic legend that graced us for 50 years with his presence among us mere mortals.
6. Kobe - The coming of age of a potential star who seems to almost float on the same air as MJ, Sir Air himself.
7. Vampires - Always mysterious and enticing, girls can't resist and guys dig their flow.
8. Wolves - Normally relegated to a supporting role, they have now gained the same status as their "unmortal and undead" enemies, the vampires.
9. Hopenhagen - Synthesizes our tendency to pin hopes too high where no one is really willing to go. The future of the planet's climate depends on simpler, groundwork action.
10. Recovery - The global economy seems to be back on its feet again thanks to emerging markets fiscal strength and swift government action to save the economies.